If you have a comment, question or suggestion for a newsletter topic, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!
As with any bindery project, perfect binding applications involve many details that must be communicated properly before production begins. To make sure production goes smoothly and remains on your schedule, keep these tips in mind:
When requesting an estimate from Bindery 1, provide the following information about your project:
- The quantity you need delivered
- Your target delivery date
- Details of your cover and text stock, including weight and finish
- Signature details, including number of signatures and layout
- Exactly how your sheets will be delivered (for example, gathered and folded)
- Any additional services your books require, such as UV coating, film laminating or die cutting
Helpful Planning Tips
- Signature layouts should include a 1/8” grindoff margin at the spine, as well as 3/16” head, foot and face trim margins.
- Cover layouts should include a glue trap of 1/8” at the head and foot beyond the signature size; if you must vary from this, give us a call.
- Mark a sample of each signature so operators can ensure quality throughout production
- Keep the spine area of signatures and inside covers free of inks and coatings
- If you choose to fold your signatures, perforate them at the spine to release air during binding. Be sure the perfs are not heavy enough to tear with slight handling.
Bindery 1 has just purchased a new Wohlenberg Champion e Perfect Binder, scheduled for installation in January. This state-of-the-art machine will significantly improve our adhesive binding services, offering you more choices for your annual reports, brochures, catalogs, marketing collateral and other important applications. Stay tuned for more details on this exciting new capability!
The Bindery 1 Advantage
At Bindery 1, you’ll find a post-press partner with a full complement of binding, finishing, mailing and multimedia capabilities. In addition to comprehensive perfect binding services, we offer mechanical binding, saddle stitching, folding, die cutting, collating and related services. We also offer a complete range of direct mail processing and personalization services, as well as fulfillment, data processing, media duplication and more. To begin planning your next project, contact us today!